Friday, May 9, 2014
The stadium gates will open at 7:00 a.m. the morning of the ceremony. Guests should be in their seats by 8:15 a.m. in order to watch the student processional into the stadium. Early arrival guarantees the best seating. No tickets are required for the ceremony.
(View Map of Folsom Stadium)
West side of field: Doctoral, Law, Environmental Design, Journalism, Engineering & Applied Science, and Arts & Sciences.
East side of field: Master’s, Music, Business, and Arts & Sciences.
North stands: Faculty.
Students should line up in the Norlin Quadrangle by 7:45 a.m., wearing their academic regalia. Line up will be by school or college. Please look for the signs that indicate your assembly area. The procession will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m from the Norlin Quadrangle. Upon arrival at Folsom Field, students will enter at the north end of the field at gates 14 and 18.
During the Ceremony
Please stand for the singing of the national anthem and the CU alma mater. (Men, please remove caps.) Students should also stand for the conferring of the degrees for their school or college, as announced. Please remain in your seats at the end of the ceremony for the recessional of the platform party. The university commencement ceremony will last approximately one and one-half hours.
Please Note -The event will be held in Folsom Stadium regardless of the weather.
Colorado weather in May can be unpredictable. We therefore encourage guests to watch the weather forecast so that they may plan and dress accordingly. In the event of rain, the ceremony will be held in abbreviated form.
For Your Safety During Spring Commencement 2014
For the safety of all of our guests, only soft-sided bags or containers no larger than 12x12x12 (the size of a purse or small backpack) are welcome at Folsom Field. Clear, plastic grocery-type bags are strongly recommended to facilitate security screening at the gates. All persons and packages are subject to screening prior to entry into the stadium. Please report unattended or suspicious bags to police immediately.
The University of Colorado Boulder works diligently to provide for the safety of our graduates, their families, and their friends during Spring 2014 Commencement Exercises. You can do your part by noting the following:
- Please report suspicious persons and unattended bags or vehicles immediately to law enforcement.
- Review the List of Items Prohibited in Folsom Stadium
- Once you are seated in Folsom Stadium, locate the nearest exit to your seat. If you are seated on the field level, you should exit north (toward Dal Ward Athletic Center).
- Listen carefully and follow any instructions which may be issued by the Master of Ceremonies or other public safety authorities.
- Parents should keep their children with them at all times.
- Pay particular attention to the safety of elderly person or persons with disabilities.
- If directed to evacuate Folsom Stadium, please move away from the stadium and remain outside until you have been given an “all-clear” by a public authority.
- If necessary, seek assistance from a robed Commencement Marshal, uniformed police officer, or designated security guard.
Thank you, and congratulations to our Spring 2014 graduates.